sunny cloudy rainy drizzly moody overcast Edinburgh!
- Boy, is Transatlantic flight SO much easier when you’re lighter, you have NO idea. I’m traveling with husband, and between the two of us we lost approximately 90 lbs. Let me tell, you, that makes quite a difference on the plane.
- Since we had a connecting internal flight from Heathrow to Edinburgh, we had to undergo a “biometric” scan. We’re forever now imprinted in the law enforcement databases in the UK.
- We withdrew SCOTTISH money from the ATM. Not British pounds–Scottish sterling pounds! Completely different banknotes! That was a little weird–did not expect it.
- Had a wonderful vegetarian Indian dinner last night–truly tasty (Kalpna restaurant).
- We ordered eggs with vegetarian sausage this morning, which was a disappointment–the sausage was mostly potatoes, you could taste it. I ate half of it…
- Our bathroom contains a large (almost life-size) pic of Sean Connery holding a chick’s legs while she’s doing a handstand on the beach. He looks down at her…form…admiringly. Damn straight.
- Had a workout this morning–35 minutes on the world’s wobbliest, most dangerous elliptical, whose display, on top of things, didn’t work. It’s ok – I was in a pool of sweat by the end of it, so I’m confident I got my money’s worth. Also did some upper body weights (about 15 minutes’ worth).
- Off to explore the Royal Mile and the Castle today – will be back soon!